Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Video: Grand Canyon R2R2R

This past weekend I embarked on one of my greatest adventures to date. The transformative powers of the Grand Canyon are out of this world. In fact, those who have been to this incredible Ninth wonder of the world can attest to it's beauty... yet so few have seen so much of it in one day and from the various angles I was able to enjoy.

This past weekend, a few friends of mine and I ran 53 miles in the Grand Canyon. We started at our campsite on the North Rim and ran down.. across and up to the South Rim before running across the lip of the South Rim and then back down and across to the North Rim. The entire adventure took us 16 hours and 46 minutes.

I wanted to share this with all of you because I thought you'd enjoy the different perspectives of the Canyon, the real adventure elements, and perhaps you'll understand a little more about the transformative powers of the Canyon. Experiential Education at it's very best.. It's not as death defying when you're trained and prepared for such an undertaking yet.. at the same time it's one of the hardest things I've ever done. It was an incredible way to celebrate one year since my graduation from UNH Outdoor Education.
NOTE: The video can only be viewed on Desktop Computers because I choose use some pretty recent and descent music. So iPhone and iPad users... sorry.

That ditch is a lot deeper then folks know.

YouTube Version


Vimeo Version - Viewable on Tablet and Mobile Devices!