Sunday, April 22, 2012

What The... Haeleum!?

About a month ago I was approached by a few folks at a company named Haeleum. They approached me  about a potential sponsorship with their brand as they begin to offer their product to athletes as a way to promote the benefits of their product. I'm pretty reluctant as of late when it comes to accepting new sponsors. Mostly because I've been burned by a few companies in the past. Nothing is more important to me, when it comes to sponsors, then there being an actual relationship. A close second, is ensuring that the product is actually something I can get behind and support, unequivocally.



So before accepting the friendly offer of a sponsorship, I began conversation with the owner of Haeluem (Rich) and his son (Ben). Ben was my main contact at first, a bright young man who goes to college in the humid woods of Pennsylvania. I got to know Ben in quite a few e-mail exchanges and he told me a bit about his dad who lives in Seattle Washington and created this company from the ground up. These two gentlemen were so incredible courteous, sharing, kind, compassionate.. and interested.

So I agreed to try their product before I agreed to be sponsored by them. In no time at all, I received a long sleeve shirt in the mail. What they sent me was their Mens Ridda Midnight shirt. Hey, as the website says, "the shirt has long sleeves and the most features of any shirt they have."50 UPF Sun protection, Textured Jacguard Knit for Superior Airflow and Comfort, Extreme moisture management, DryTru Microfiber polyester and Insect Shield® Technology. Listen... there's a lot of words in there and most of them were created specifically for marketing purposes.. so let me spill it in words we can all understand.

These technical fabric shirts are THE VERY BEST that I've ever worn. This from a guy who's been playing, working and dreaming in the outdoors in tech fabric shirts for over a decade. I am not lying when I tell you that these shirts perform as promised and then some. The Insect Shield® keeps the mosquitos, gnats and no-see-ums at bay. They fabric wicks moisture away and keeps me dry and cool when it's hot and dry and warm when it's cold. Sun protection on anything is an added bonus and is the moniker of a company who cares about those who wear it's apparel.

Look.. these shirts are comfortable and they work better then you'd ever expect. In the last decade I've worn technical shirts from Mountain Hardwear, The North Face, Eastern Mountain Sports, REI, Saucony, Brooks, Nike, Under Armour... HAELEUM BLOWS THEM AWAY. TRUST ME!

I'm incredible grateful of their sponsoring Team Sherpa this year and beyond. I'm beyond comfortable and confident in their custom short and long sleeve shirts.. in both Ultra-Running and my work here in the Front Range as a Guide. A really product I back 110%. Thanks Haeleum! To learn more about Haeleum, please visit them on the web at http://haeleum.com or on their Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/Haeleum and please support this American made company by purchasing their apparel!
Running the heat on Boulders Mesa Trail in Haeleum
Rockin the Long Sleeve Haeleum at 8500'