Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 60th Dad


(Really Cool Cake My Sister Made)
July 31st was my fathers 60th Birthday. He spent his Birthday weekend in the place better known as Fenway South, or as some of you call it Camden Yards in Balitmore Maryland. He went to the Red Sox vs. Orioles games on Friday and Saturday Nights. Believe it or not, when it comes down to it, it costs about the same to pay for airfare AND tickets to an orioles game as it does to buy a ticket for a game at Fenway Park. Actually.. I think all told, the price of airfare and tickets to two games equaled the amount that bleacher seats go for at Fenway Park. An exceptional Deal!

At any rate, dad returned home this morning to host us at his house for his birthday party. My dad and I share a lot of the same values when it comes to life and one of the biggest values is that of always being a kid. Its what keeps us happy and healthy. So, for I don't know how many years now a water fight has become tradition on my dads birthday. It all started as your basic squirt gun fight but over the years its evolved into an all out war. This year, Sarah and I spent over an hour filling over 100 balloons with water and then putting them into a cooler filled with ice. Those were some cold balloons! The array and collection of water guns has grown to immense levels as well. Every year someone seems to have a new one, an extra one, a bigger one and a few more extra guns. My dad had his huge gun which carries about a gallon of water in its tank... then he hid 3 others under the tarp covering his wood pile. It was a great time. So hey... Happy 60th Birthday Dad!
(The Water Warriors)

(Playing a Summer Time Favorite... Horseshoes)

(Blowing the Big 60 Out... he only blew one out and he blew it over)