Thursday, April 23, 2009

And so it continues..

Training is back in full swing this week as I get back on the horse and head into my next Ultra. The trails here in Southern, NH are finally snow free which allows me to get out there and get some trail training in. It is amazing how different running on the trails is as compared to the roads. While the roads beat the crap out of you and really put some wear and tear on your body... trails have a way of working muscles you almost forgot you had. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

This Sunday is the XTerra Muddy Moose trail races in Wolfeboro, NH and I've decided to go. There IS race day registration at Kingswood High School. The race costs $22 with proceeds going to Kingswood Athletic Department. There is a 4 and 14 mile option and you are guaranteed to get your feet wet and muddy... unless you chicken out. I'm running the 14 and am excited to do so in 80 Degree Temps! Gotta love new England Springs!

What is the next Ultra? Well some of you may or may not know that after McNaughton I was seriously considering backing out of Massanutten Mountain Trails 100 for personal reasons. But I think I've got it sorted out now and plan on heading down with the rest of the New Hampshire gang. The race is the weekend of May 18th in Front Royal, VA. You will be able to follow along online and I will likely remain in the Stonewall Jackson division. Of course.. more as the race draws near.

Happy Trails!
SJ