Thursday, October 2, 2008

NHPR

A few short months ago I received a random e-mail from a guy by the name of Sean Hurley. I didn't know what to think at first and to be honest the first thing I thought was that the e-mail was a prank. Sean was contacting me because he wanted to do a story on Ultra-Running in New Hampshire for New Hampshire Public Radio. Somehow through his research he came across yours truly and asked if I would be willing to help him out. I gave Sean just about every bit of information I had on Ultra-Running in our state, some names, places, races, etc and later found out he was thinking of coming out to the Pisgah 50K in Chesterfield, NH this past September. I invited Sean to interview me before, during or after the race in the hopes that it would help his piece. Sean showed up on race day and ran the first 4 miles of the race with Steve VanOrden and I. It was a great experience and I was both proud and glad to be able to help. For those f you with quicktime, I invite you to click the link below to hear the piece Sean made.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!

You can read the print version HERE

Sean Hurley is an award winning journalist whose work has graced the airwaves on NPR and various other networks. His website has received awards for best podcast for Atoms, Motion & The Void. I'd be pleased if you gave Sean a listen by visiting his site: atomsmotion.com

------------------------------------------------------
You may notice a few new things around the blog and I hope they are changes you all will enjoy. I have created a new "About Me" page which you can access by clicking the link on the right of the page. I am also finally starting my online coaching services. For those of you out there who are itching to try Ultra-running and are looking for some guidance, I'd be happy to help. And finally.. there's a new blog banner up top. I've decided to get away from the Thought's of a Young Ultra-runner and do what I enjoy best... talking about Human Potential and trying to inspire others to achieve beyond their expectations.

Have a great weekend everyone!
SJ