Tuesday, May 6, 2008

April Recap

If you are looking for the Karl Meltzer interview, please click HERE.

If you are looking for the Wapack Trail Review Report, please click HERE.

-------------------------------------------------------

April ended last week on a pretty soggy note here in New England. April showers bring May flowers. After all of the rain we had, we better have flowers that rival those found in a rain forest. April was an "OK" month. I got my training in for sure and embarked on a tough race in Pekin, IL. After toeing the line in the 2nd annual McNaughton Park 150 Mile Race, I called it a day after 100 Miles of wet, cold and muddy conditions. I am still pretty upset about the whole thing and do indeed plan to go back to Pekin to take on the distance again, mostly likely in 2010 if the race is still there. If not, I'll take on my own 200 Miler in Pittsfield, VT.

Regardless, here is how April came out:
Miles Run: 214.88
# of Runs: 14
Avg Miles: 15.35 Miles (highest avg. ever)
2008 Total Miles: 858.43

Month Starting Weight (2/1): 152 Lbs
Month Ending Weight (2/29): 148 Lbs.
Weight Change: -4
--------------------------------------------------------

May is going to be an exceptional month. As you know we started it with the Wapack Trail Recon Run. This weekend I hope to get to Pawtuckaway for the first run of 2008. Massanutten 100 is less than 2 weeks away, we'll be hiking ALL Memorial Day Weekend and then a small group of us are running the 10 Bears Loop on the Vermont 100 Course. Finals start next week wrapping up my first year back at school as I hunt for my Bachelors Degree. I am switching majors to Outdoor Education moving forward.

Lastly, for those of you who enjoyed the Karl Meltzer interview, I'm interviewing Dr. David Horton about his upcoming Continental Divide Trail Record Attempt starting in June. You don't want to miss it!

SJ